Tuesday 2 March 2010

Like going to school for the first time.

Two days at office now behind. Monday flew past so quickly that barely noticed. I was luckily guided by Corinne all day. She met me at the MRT Station (MRT is the local underground system) and we took the train together to Central Business District where our office is. The street where office is great! Old low-rise buildings, big temple next to them and skyscrapers on the background! 
But today, it was like going to school for the first time! I decided to try the shuttle bus service that our building offers in the morning to the main business locations, so was waiting the bus in the lobby like a school kid with my bag, feeling bit nervous as didn't really know even which stop to take...
Oh well, the bus arrived and the ride was fantastic! It goes down the Orchard Road first which is a huge shopping street near by my building and then down to Raffles hotel before heading to Central Business District. It was like sightseeing in the morning sun!
It was clear that my stop would be almost the last one on the route, so thought I just sit quietly and look around if I recognise any of the buildings. But the thought of being lost and late on the second day at the office made me to ask the driver to let me know when we get to the China Square stop, so I know to get off. He was really nice and polite and suddenly asked where is our office based and when I told the address, he just decided that as I am the last commuter on the bus, he will drive me to work! 
Day flew past again so quickly with meetings nearly back to back... But managed to get new Blackberry fully working now, so even if I get lost I can still pretend that I am at office ;)


After work took the MRT back to Orchard Road station and went wondering around the Food halls underground to decide what to have for dinner. Yes, I am buying my food ready made at the moment, as don't have anything except fruits at home, and it is SO cheap! Actually, I decided to treat myself, and went to this a bit more posh Food halls underneath ION Shopping Complex and got myself meal with pan fried Koru fish with rice and sauce - and it cost $6! That is £3! Delicious seafood dinner for three pounds! Actually my new colleagues would probably say that I was overspending as lunch near work costs approx $3-4! 
Oh well, it was a lovely dinner and now relaxing with CSI on telly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment