Saturday 27 February 2010

13 hours later.

The flight wasn't too bad after all even I didn't manage to get that much sleep and was truly impressed with Qantas food and service in the premium economy.  But let's go back to the early morning... Slept quite badly at home, like always before early morning flight. Driver came to pick me up from home at 7:20am and got to Heathrow T3 surprisingly quickly and even check in was nearly empty! So had plenty of time to enjoy the BA Galleries Lounge ;) Personally I think it is one of the best lounges I've been! Not sure if it fact that the food counter is placed just by the club entrance and I always seem to be hungry when entering... So yes had massive breakfast again - yummy! Bacon sandwiches, pan au raisins flushed down with cranberry juice and nice strong coffee! And while I was updating my blog the gate got announced so the post was cut a little short...


Flight went well, and as said, the service and food was great! Starter was rather small salad, but the main course was wonderful! I chose to have a green leaf salad with capsicum and olives then seared chicken breast with port jus, red cabbage and baby leeks. Finished the lunch with Cheese & biscuits and ice cream.
I was hoping that all the red wine I was consuming with lunch would help me to fall in sleep, but no luck... So I kept watching the movies and comedy shows. To my surprise and delight I found on the Q Comedy channel Pam Ann Show! Full two hours of silly airline humour! Fab!


As I wasn't getting any sleep, I thought that I could at least enjoy the service, so ordered more food around midnight... Lovely toasted panini with smoked turkey, soft brie, char grilled zucchini and salad leaves! And big glass of red! That did the trick as fell a sleep almost as soon as I had finished my snack.


I thought that after eating all day I would be still stuffed in the morning, but nooo... Ended up having a lovely chat with one of the flight attendants and while chatting, I ended up eating three(!) pan au chocolates. (They were quite small tho...) And that was in addition to my hot breakfast with mushroom frittata... 
She was really lovely girl and just before we landed she gave me Qantas Business class toiletries bag with Korner Skincare products as a gift! 


Changi Airport is so efficient! I was through the immigration and baggage claim in minutes! My residence had sent a big black Mercedes to whisk me to my new home in style and it was waiting me outside.


So here I am then - at Treetops in Singapore. First impressions are very positive. The staff is so friendly and helpful and they had prepared me a big food basket to wait me in my flat! And later on one of the maids came to check that the flat is ok and brought me biscuits and tea! I think I can easily get used to this lifestyle!


I've managed to unpack a bit as well - got the main things out to make the place more home like - family pictures next to my bed and teddy sitting on my bed. And toothbrush in bathroom ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment