Friday 12 March 2010

No more Frappucinos.

Ok, I have temporarily given up Starbucks's caramel Frappucinos. Not because I don't like them any longer, but  being silly, I actually went to their website and checked the nutrition information on it. I should have never done it. 


Starbucks's kindly tells on their website that Caramel Frappuccino® Blended Coffee contains 380 calories and 5grams of fat! And that is WITHOUT the whipped cream...  If you add the cream, it goes up to 500 calories... So I am settling to americanos now with skinny milk...


 While sipping my take away americano, I got to the Amoy Street where our office is and was able to smell the calming incense sticks burning in the temple next door. It is just fascinating sight, seeing old temple in the middle of business district and not being abandoned, no, not at all. There is constant flow of people - young and old. 



But the time I walked down the street and got to our office building, all the calmness created by the temple's chimes and incense burners was gone again as I was faced with the security system! I mean I do like being the first one at the office as it gives me the extra 30 minutes in the morning to get things done without people disturbing me, but to be able to do that, I need to turn off the alarm system and it causes my blood pressure and nervous-breakdown-level to increase to high levels... but survived again, no police on the scene this morning either...phew...


No comments:

Post a Comment