Thursday 4 February 2010

Universally acknowledged truth?


Ok. Fine. I admit. 
Nerves are kicking in. So busy at work with daily stuff and new product launch. Top of that been working more and more with teams based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney, and suddenly all the plans start to feel more real; not just plans anymore.
And I have so not finished getting my flat ready for my house sitters, nor decided what to actually to take with me and what to leave behind. All those lists I prepared, all that preparedness has gone out of the window and feel so frustrated. I really need to get my act together and get things moving.
And if not worrying about living from suitcase for months wouldn't be enough, I've managed to get myself totally worked up this week by thinking of the return to London in late 2010. Why I just cannot leave that now and worry about it when it is actually happening and concentrate the current situation! 
Time to dwell into some wise words of know personalities for advice I guess... 


"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." - Buddha


"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. " - David Brinkley


"Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive. " - Mel Brooks


"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. " - Cary Grant


"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." - Mark Twain


However, I think a quote from Bridget Jones' diary would sum this whole thing up now - "It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces." 


Time to stop this ramble, turn off the computer and have a stiff drink.





No comments:

Post a Comment