Tuesday 9 February 2010

-3C vs +32C

I flew to Amsterdam yesterday morning - let me re-phrase - I flew to Amsterdam early yesterday morning. My taxi came to pick me up at 4:10am! And flight departed already 6:25am, but it was smooth, easy flight and managed to get to office already by 9:20 local time, so had good, productive day all in all. (Even I was rather tired by the time I got back to my hotel.)
But the weather! I have no idea what is going on, it is so cold! Feels like mid-winter here. There is no snow, but it is crispy and clear AND freezing!
I had to wait my tram to work this morning over 10 minutes on the tram stop and I was scared to sneeze as I thought my nose might shatter in pieces as it felt frozen...  Oh well, missing the tram this morning was partly my own fault... I went to the tram stop I have used before only to realise that they are doing some road works and that the stop is not in use and when I had walked to the alternative stop, I saw the back lights of the tram... 


While sipping warming coffee at office later on, I had a call with Singapore office. It is steaming hot there! Oh, I cannot wait! I do not care if I am melting while waiting my tram outside, I can always have nice frozen latte to cool myself down, but losing feeling from my toes while waiting outside is not my kind of thing.
If you have not tried yet, have a go with Weatherbug website, it is fancy new weather page!


Bit over two weeks to go! Yes, the nervousness is gone now, and the excitement is back ;)


Ps. If you need a place to stay in Amsterdam, do stay in Hotel V Fredriksplein! Nice, cosy, small boutique hotel with great connections, and lovely breakfast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment