Wednesday 27 January 2010

Tickets - tick.


Suddenly everything starts to feel more real and concrete.
Flight tickets now confirmed, all legs! Flying mainly with Qantas, but have few flights booked with Cathay Pacific as well, and one flight with British Airways. Really excited to try Qantas and Cathay as have not flown with them before. I really tried to wiggle my timings to get myself on the Qantas A380 plane as that is now serving lots of routes between London and Asia and within Asia, but of course with my luck I am missing all the services flown with that aircraft! My long hauls are either B747 or B777. Oh well, as long as my inflight entertainment thing works, there is a good movie, and they haven't run out peanuts, all should be fine! Bring on Australian hospitality! (I just hope it hasn't changed much from 1970s... They knew how to treat passengers then, if one can trust those archive pictures!)

Yes, peanuts! You need to have your peanuts during the flight! Most people, including me, wouldn't care about tiny bag of salty and fatty nuts when we are at home. Most likely they would look the person offering them with puzzled look on their face, however, have you see those faces of your fellow passengers if the flight attendant tries to walk past them without giving them that little plastic bag filled with 8 nuts! It is almost like their life would depend on that dose of salt and fat! 
Enough ranting about nuts...

Confirmed my flat booking today as well! So excited about it! One big tick on the list! 
The building looks lovely! (But don't they always make everything look so amazing in the marketing brochures...?) Just steps from the bustling Orchard Road in the heart of Singapore lies this amazing looking, exclusive enclave of Treetops. There is stunning looking swimming pool in the court yard, so I think will start morning or after work swims as my daily exercise! Few pics here, but these are from their website. I will post my own pictures when I actually get there! 
Now only waiting the confirmation on my employment pass from the Ministry of Manpower... and then all good to go!
(Or time to start working on the housing and visas for the next legs of the journery....)


No comments:

Post a Comment