Saturday 24 July 2010

Mumbai.

It was arigato Tokyo and namaste Mumbai last weekend. Over 16 hours of travelling... First to Hong Kong, and then to Mumbai.

Ground crew getting the CX B747-400 ready for flight to HK.
Over the skies of South China Sea.

I've been to India before, twice actually. Both times it was for holiday. However, this time flew here on business, and does it just make huge difference. Travelling for work and for fun are just so different things.
Flew here last weekend and haven't really seen much more than my hotel room and the office building! And even today, Saturday, was raining again just so heavily that thought that not going to venture out and actually fell asleep middle of the day watching TV. I think really needed all this sleep! However, planning to head out tomorrow to see some sights of Mumbai.
Yep, the room service knows how to treat me! Yummy!


Talking about the rain, yes, it is the monsoon season and it really does mean that it is properly raining every day! And I don't mean like little drizzle, I mean proper rain! Water gushing down the streets and the sewage system cannot take any more water.


However, this trip came as a bit of surprise, but it is just short visit, less than two weeks to go now, so hopefully work gets bit more easier and the rain has few breaks so I'm able to venture out to the city to see more. 
If not, oh well, then need to come back on holiday.
I am using the boardroom as my office while here.

View from office, you can just spot the sea through the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment