Sunday 25 July 2010

Around Mumbai

The morning didn't look that promising as I got downstairs it was pouring down again, but decided to wait for an hour and just before midday the weather changed for better so started my walk. 
After walking for near an hour I reached the InterContinental hotel and had to stop for cold Diet Coke. I was absolutely exhausted from the humidity and heat. But I need to say that the Marine Drive InterCon doesn't get full points from me...


So continued my walk to the Gateway of India. Even the weather was rather cloudy, it stood in front of me with all it majestic glory, what an amazing sight! Considering the point that it is monsoon season and hence there isn't that many western tourists, it felt that I was far too much attention as every single seller in the square was selling their postcards, photo services, tours, all the things that I really do not need. And it did get to the point that I just had to leave... So with few quick steps I reached the safety of the Taj Hotel. After relaxing in the grandieur lobby for few minutes, I decided to move to the bar and treat myself with some wine. After thinking about it, and as having my book with me, decided to order full bottle of nice Australian sauvignon blanc and just have nice relaxed few hours in the luxury of quiet five star hotel ;) 



I have learned to love the service of luxury hotels while travelling, and they do bring smile to my face.







After recovering, I decided to walk back to my hotel, but just after few minutes of leisurely walk, the rain started again, and in just few minutes I was soaked to my socks and underwear, so had to resort to a taxi.
I asked the driver to stop two blocks before my hotel though, as I knew there is a Belgian chocolaterie, Leonidas, and thought that could treat myself with few pralines this evening while watching some movies on telly ;)




Feeling the life returning to my body after the draining last week. I think I am starting to be ready for week at office again. Wine and chocolates and luxuries of life... They keep me going on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment